Instructions for oral presentations
- All presentations must be in English. There are no simultaneous translation facilities
- All oral presentations should be prepared as a PowerPoint file
- Equipment supplied: computer with PowerPoint (Office) versions 2000 to 2010, LCD projector, and Microphone. If you plan to use Macintosh software, you must bring your own laptop and a VGA adapter. If you use a non-standard font (such as scientific symbols) in your presentation, you must supply the font in a separate file with your presentation or make the font embedded in your ppt file. For your convenience, please bring the file with you to the speakers' ready room.
- Please adhere strictly to 15 minutes. Plan for a 12 minutes' presentation followed by 3 minutes for discussion. Follow any additional instructions given by your session chairperson.
- It is compulsory to upload your presentation at your session room computer. Please upload your presentation at least 60 minutes prior to the start of your session.
- Please be in the session room and ready at least 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time of the session in order to meet the chairperson.
- A technician will be in charge of the smooth running of your session. This person will be in the back of the session room and is at your disposal. Please feel free to introduce yourself and inquire about anything you might need.
- There will be a number of stand-up microphones to facilitate the discussion. Please ask the audience to use these so that everyone can hear the questions.
Instructions for posters presentations
In order to prepare your poster, please follow the requirements below:
Maximum allowed size of poster: A0 - portrait. This means:
- Maximum height: 1.2 m
- Maximum width: 0.85 m